Tuesday, December 16, 2008


At the beginning of this print series, I had followed the instructions as told: randomly pick 7 words from 7 categories of words that I created. At the time, the first image had no real emotional connection to me (a rarity in my work, to say the least). The second two prints followed suit - I had no real rhyme or reason for how I set up the images or chose subject matter, I just went with my instinct. Upon completion of my final two prints I experienced a traumatic relationship experience. I hadn't realized my mind's subconscious ability to cope with loss until after I completed this project - the meaning behind each image is so strong and personal to me after the fact, although I created each piece before the initial incident. I never thought the human mind could sense a coming loss and cope with it in the way mine did with these pieces. They are a personal narrative, in great detail, of the experience. How very ironic.


No comments: